With Portal, a digital asset management tool that is part of the Vault PromoMats and MedComms applications, you can easily search, view, and download curated content for your brand or team.
Note: As of the 22R3.4 release, Vault includes two (2) Portal interfaces: the existing Portal, now known as legacy Portals, and the new Brand and Medical Portals. Currently, the updated Portal interface must be enabled by an Admin. See About the New Portal.
Depending on your user profile, there are several ways that you can access your Portals. Portal-only users log into Portal directly through the Vault login page. PromoMats and MedComms users with the correct permissions can access their Brand or Medical Portals through Business Admin or the Portal tab.
Portal-only users with access to multiple Portals land on the All Portal page at login. Click a name or logo to navigate to that Portal. Once in a Portal, you can access the Portal Selector through the drop-down menu next to the Portal logo. If you navigate to other pages within the Portal, you can click the Portal Logo to navigate back to the Portal Homepage. If you have access to multiple Vaults, you can select Back to Vault to return to your Vault.
PromoMats and MedComms users can view the All Portals page by clicking the Portal tab in Vault. Click a Portal name to view that Portal. Portals may open within the context of your Vault or open directly if your Admin has enabled Open Full Portal. You can also hover over the Portal name and click the orange icon to launch the Portal in a new tab and view it in Portal-only mode.
Direct Portal URL
Once logged into your Portal, you can bookmark the Portal’s URL to return to the same Portal in the future. Note that you will need to provide your login credentials each time that you access your Portal.
When you log into Vault or navigate to your Portal through the Portal Selector, you land on the Portal Homepage. The Portal Homepage houses widgets through which you can easily find relevant content:
- Carousel: The Carousel displays your Portal’s most important content as a click-through banner at the top of the Portal Homepage.
- Content Filters: Content filters are saved search views that display filtered content for your brand. Click a filter to view the associated content in the Portal Library.
- Announcements: The Announcements filter navigates you to the Announcements page, where Portal managers can share information and updates with all Portal users.
- My Portal Tasks: The My Portal Tasks pane displays your assigned tasks for documents in Legacy Portal.
- About Section: In the About section, your Portal manager provides a quick description and key information about the Portal.
- Featured Items: This section displays the top content for your brand, curated by your Portal manager.
- Most Popular Widget: Vault automatically updates the Most Popular widget with the Steady state documents assigned to the Portal with the highest number of source file or rendition downloads from your Vault in the Portal in the previous 45 days.
- Recently Added Widget: Vault automatically populates the Recently Added widget with the Steady state documents assigned to the Portal that were added to the Portal in the previous 45 days.
- Coming Soon Widget: Vault automatically populates the Coming Soon widget with documents in the Portal that are in the In Review or Starting state to provide visibility into materials that will soon be approved and available.
- Most Active Widget: Vault automatically populates the Most Active widget with Steady state documents assigned to the Portal with the most activity, including views, copies, downloads, and rendition downloads, in your Vault and across all Portals.
- Most Viewed Widget: Vault automatically populates the Most Viewed widget with the most viewed Steady state documents in your Vault and across all Portals.
- Additional Content 1-4: These sections are manually maintained by your Portal managers. They may be renamed in your Portal.
Contents in the Portal Homepage and Portal Library use a hover over action, providing easy access to Portal materials. When you hover over content, Vault displays key information and options for quickly interacting with your document:
- Make a Copy: Click the Copy button to make a copy of the document or binder. See details below about copying documents.
- View Full Details: Click the View Full Details button to see the full document or binder in the document viewer. From the document viewer, you can interact with the document, view the document’s metadata, access the Actions menu, and more. Use to breadcrumb trail to navigate Back to Portal from a document.
- Add to Cart: Click this button to add the document to your cart.
- Download: Click this button to download the document’s source file. Note that you can only download documents from the hovercard or Quick Look viewer. To download source files for a Binder, add the binder to your Cart.
Clicking a document in the Portal Homepage or Portal Library launches a Quick Look viewer that displays key document details, including the name, status, document type, and description, as well as document actions. Click the left and right navigation arrows to browse through the documents in the widget or Library. Click X to exit the Quick Look viewer.
You can preview entire documents directly from the Quick Look viewer. From within the Quick Look viewer, hover over the document page to see navigation options. Click the up and down arrow buttons at the bottom of the document page to navigate through the document, or enter a page number manually to view that page. Click the Expand button to view the document in full-screen mode. In full-screen mode, navigation options appear at the top of the screen. Click X to exit full-screen mode.
Previewing Video Files
You can play back video files directly from the Quick Look viewer. Hover over the video file, and click the play button to start the video. From the Quick Look viewer, you can also pause the video, skip back 10 (ten) seconds, manually navigate the video, or control volume. Click the Expand button to play the video in full screen. Click the Shrink button to exit full-screen mode.
Previewing Audio Files
You can play audio files directly from the Quick Look viewer. Hover over the file and click the play button. From the Quick Look viewer, you can also pause, skip back 10 (ten) seconds, manually navigate to a specific time signature in the file, or control volume. Vault displays the album art thumbnail associated with the audio file, if available. If no album art is available, Vault displays a black thumbnail.
Content filters are saved search views that display filtered content for your brand. For example, your Portal could have filters for Campaign Toolkits, Videos, and Materials. Click a Content Filter icon to navigate to the associated content.
When you click into a filter, Vault navigates you to a filtered view of the Portal Library. You can access other filters from the left sidebar of your Portal Library.
Portal managers can make Portal-wide announcements and share information through the Announcements page. Click the Announcements icon (megaphone) in the Content Filters section to navigate to the Announcements page. Announcements appear in chronological order, with the most recent announcements at the top of the page. Use the Announcements search bar to find for older announcements in your Portal.
Note that Portal managers can share announcements across multiple Portals.
Searching in Portal
Portal uses Vault’s powerful search engine to help you find your content. You can perform basic searches from the primary search bar or carry out more detailed searches using Advanced Search. Click the binoculars icon in the search bar to use Advanced Search. You can filter search results or add filters to your current Portal Library view.
When you search while in a Portal, Vault searches content within the current Portal and any related Portals. Content from related Portals is marked as * Related Portal Content. If you are viewing a Portal from within PromoMats or MedComms, you see Vault’s primary search bar and can select Portals in the search bar’s drop-down menu to search the Portal(s).
The My Portal Tasks pane shows your assigned document workflow tasks for all documents within your Portal. From this pane, you can choose to Complete tasks or Undo Acceptance from each task’s Actions menu.
If you have additional tasks for other documents that exist in your Vault, you’ll see an All My Tasks link at the bottom of the pane. Click this link to open your Vault’s My Tasks page in a new tab.
Vault displays the My Portal Tasks pane in the same location as the standard About widget. Click the toggle at the upper-right of the pane to switch between the My Portal Tasks pane and the About widget.
You can perform the Make a Copy action by clicking the Copy button from the document hovercard or Quick Look Viewer. To copy a document from Portal:
- Click the Copy button in the hovercard or Quick Look Viewer.
- In the dialog, enter a Name for the new document or binder.
- Optional: Select a Reason for Copy from the picklist. Note that this feature may not be enabled in your Vault. See Copying Documents for details.
- Choose whether to copy the document contents, fields, or both. Contents include the document’s source file, renditions, annotations, and references, including reference relationships. Fields include the document fields (metadata) and (non-reference) relationships. These options are not available for binders.
- Click Continue.
- The Doc Info page opens for the new document. Fill in any fields as needed and click Save. Vault navigates you to the Portal Library.
With Cart, you can download multiple documents at once. To download with Cart:
- Add documents to your Cart from the Portal Homepage, Portal Library, or the document viewer using the cart button with the green plus (+) symbol. If a document is already in your cart, the button displays with a red minus (–) symbol.
- Click the Cart icon in the Vault navigation bar to navigate to your cart.
- Click Download; Vault generates a ZIP file containing source files for all documents in your cart.
To remove a document from your cart, click Remove under the document’s name. To remove all documents from your cart, click the Empty Cart button.
|Security Profile||Portal: Read||Grants PromoMats and MedComms users permission to see Portals that are configured in their Vaults. If your Vault uses Dynamic Access Control (DAC) on the Portal object, you also need View permission on each Portal object record.|
|Security Profile||Document: Download Document||Grants ability to download document source files; note that you must also have the appropriate role-based permissions for a document to perform this action.|
|Security Profile||Document: Download Rendition||Grants ability to download document renditions, including Viewable Rendition. Note that you must also have the appropriate role-based permissions for a document to perform this action.|
|Document Role||Create Document||Grants ability to Make a Copy on documents by creating documents of the same document type.|
|Document Role||Create Binder||Grants ability to Make a Copy on binders by creating binders of the same document type.|
|Document Role||View Document||You must have this permission on a document which you want to copy in order to Make a Copy or preview a document from the Quick Look viewer.|
|Document Role||View Content||You must have this permission on a document which you want to copy in order to Make a Copy.|
The following known issues affect Portal users:
- In Portal-only view, users with appropriate permissions are able to click the Where Used report option from a document’s Actions menu, but Vault doesn’t return a report.
- Users receive a server error when attempting to view a Portal that contains no widgets.