Note: This feature is only available in PromoMats and MedComms Vaults and must be enabled on each Vault.
iRep integration allows you to publish documents and binders to iRep from within your Vault. This article will explain administration and configuration options related to iRep. To perform these functions, you must have the correct Admin permissions. See Using iRep Integration for information on user functionality.
Associated Configuration Options
When iRep integration is enabled, the following are available in your Vault:
- iRep Content field: This is a system managed, shared Yes/No (boolean) field. By default, it is not associated with any document types. In order to enable iRep integration for a specific document type, you must apply this field to that document type. The field can be associated to multiple document types, subtypes, or classifications.
- Distribution Package rendition type: To publish presentations and key messages, users must upload the content, appropriately formatted for publishing to iRep, using this rendition type. By default, the rendition type is associated to the Promotional Piece document type, but you can add it to other document types as needed.
- Send to iRep user action: You must configure this user action for the lifecycle states in which users should be able to publish a document or binder to iRep.
- Sub-presentations are not represented in Vault. Users can configure them in CRM.
- If a CRM field is set up as a unique ID, be careful when mapping a Vault field to it. If the Vault field is set to a value that already exists in CRM, the Send to iRep action will fail.
- iRep integration supports single-value and multi-value picklists. This support enables you to set the CLM values for disabling pinch and swipe actions on the iPad®.
When users send a document or binder to iRep, the integration tool automatically populates any document fields that exist in both iRep and Vault, using the values from Vault. Matching is based on the field’s label, not name. This behavior occurs for all field types (text, date, number, etc.).