Portal is an integral part of Veeva’s digital asset management capabilities and is available as part of the Vault PromoMats and MedComms applications. With Brand Portal, brand managers can curate and share specific content with brand teams in a simplified user interface in PromoMats Vaults. With Medical Portal, medical teams can share and work with curated content in Medical Vaults. Curated content provides users with the most relevant material, and content filters aid users in finding the correct assets. Managing content in Portal helps to promote reuse of existing materials and prevent duplicate work. See the Portal Quick Reference Guide.
For example, VeePharm uses Brand Portal to provide separate interfaces for the CholeCap and WonderDrug brand teams. Gladys, who works on the CholeCap team, can only access in the CholeCap Portal, while Phyllis, who works on both brand teams, can access both Portals.
The Portal feature has the following objects to house data:
- The Portal object contains all information that relates to the overall Portal and its branding, including the name, description, logo, and UI color.
- The Portal Widget object contains data for the various types of widgets that display on the Portal Homepage. These are the default widgets associated to the Portal, and include the maximum number of items to display in each widget. See the table below for information on the different display maximums.
- The Portal Widget Content object records link to the Portal Widget object type. These determine in which Portal Widget the assets display on the Portal Homepage. Each object record contains one document.
- The Announcements Join object allows for Portal managers to a single Announcement across multiple Portals.
- The Announcements object contains announcements that Portal managers create to share information with Portal users. These objects can relate to one or more Portals through the Announcements Join object.
|System-generated document widgets||5 widgets, 60 documents each *|
|Custom document widgets||10 widgets, 60 documents each *|
* Admins can edit the Display Max field to limit the number of documents shown to users.
Note: An individual Portal can only include 10 active document widgets at one time.
The Portal feature provides these capabilities specific to managing digital assets for a brand or medical communications department:
- Portal Editor: The Portal Editor offers a visual and intuitive way for Portal managers to create and edit Portals as they appear for Portal users.
- Portal Homepage: The Portal Homepage is a user-friendly interface that allows Portal users to access the latest, most important, and most used digital assets for a specific brand or therapeutic area.
- Portal Library: The Portal Library displays all content a user has permission to view within the current Portal. The Portal Library page is a Portal-specific library view that users can only access from within a Portal.
- Content Filters: Content Filters are saved search views that Portal managers create to help Portal users easily find applicable content, such as logos, videos, or brand guidelines.
- Announcements: The Announcements page allows Portal managers to easily communicate information to Portal users. Portal managers can share announcements immediately or set them to post at a later date and time.
- Most Popular Widget: Vault automatically updates the Most Popular widget with the Steady state documents assigned to the Portal with the highest number of source file or rendition downloads from your Vault in the Portal in the previous 45 days.
- Recently Added Widget: Vault automatically populates the Recently Added widget with the Steady state documents recently assigned to the Portal.
- Coming Soon Widget: Vault automatically populates the Coming Soon widget with documents in the Portal that are in the In Review or Starting state to provide visibility into materials that will soon be approved and available.
- Most Active Widget: Vault automatically populates the Most Active widget with Steady state documents assigned to the Portal with the most activity, including views, copies, downloads, and rendition downloads, in your Vault and across all Portals.
- Most Viewed Widget: Vault automatically populates the Most Viewed widget with the most viewed Steady state documents in your Vault and across all Portals.
- Quick Look Viewer: Users can hover over documents on the Portal Homepage or in the Portal Library and preview document content, audio files, and video files. Users can also quickly download, make a copy, add to Cart, or launch the document viewer.
Portal with PromoMats & Medical
Vault users with Read permission on the Portal object can access their Brand Portal or Medical Portal through the Portal tab within Vault PromoMats or Medical.
It is possible to configure a user’s permissions to allow them access only to Portals and their respective content. For Portal-only users, a Portal Experience User security profile is set on the User object record. Portal-only users can only access Portals and cannot access other areas of PromoMats or Medical Vaults. These users log into Portal directly through the Vault login page. If users have access to multiple Portals, Vault directs them to the All Portals page at login. Clicking a Portal name navigates the user to that Portal.