BEE is MailUp’s drag-and-drop editor for responsive design emails. With the Edit Email web action, you can use BEE to edit email templates in Vault. Before learning about BEE, you should know how to set up approved emails.
Note: You can only use BEE to edit email templates that were originally created in BEE. Additionally, you cannot edit email templates in Planned state.
How to Edit With BEE
The Edit Email web action must be enabled by an Admin prior to editing an email template.
To edit an email template with BEE:
- Open the Doc Info page for your email template document.
- Select Edit Email from the document Actions menu.
Note that opening an email template in BEE automatically checks the document out and updates the version.
BEE Editing Options
The BEE editor breaks up editing options into three sections:
- Content: This tab allows you to add content boxes, which hold all of the content in the body of your email. You can add Text, Image, Button, Divider, and Social content boxes to your template.
- Structure: This tab allows you to arrange the placement of content boxes.
- Body: This tab allows you to edit general settings, such as background color, link color, and font.
BEE Formatting Options
Vault supports the following formatting options in the BEE editor:
- Font style
- Font size
- Background color
- Align left, center, or right
- Insert symbols
- Bulleted list
- Numeric list
- Indent left or right
- Insert Approved Email tokens
To learn more, view the BEE editor documentation.
With the Merge Tags button, BEE allows you to easily add Approved Email tokens into your email template. Available tokens include First and Last Name, Email Fragments, and picklists.
To insert an Approved Email token using Merge tags, first insert a Text content box. When you click into the box, you will see the Merge tags button in the edit text toolbar.
Using the provided relationship types, you can add custom links into your email template with the Special Links button.
To insert a special link, first insert a Text content box. When you click into the box, you will see the Special Links button in the edit text toolbar.
When adding image files to your document with the BEE Email Template Editor, do not include the following special characters in the file names:
You can add image files up to 4MB in size.
- BEE Editor Quick Start Guide
- Creating & Distributing BEE Email Templates
- BEE Editor Approved Email Template Designs & Upload Files
Vault uses BEE Editor version 3. Version 3 of BEE Editor supports the following browsers:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Edge
The new version of BEE Editor does not support Microsoft Internet Explorer.
As of March 8th, 2017, BEE Editor updated its HTML parser. To learn more about the update, view BEE’s updated HTML parser summary. Some of the more important feature updates include:
- Background images don’t display in the Outlook.com email client.
- There are multi-column display problems in some less popular webmail clients:
The following permissions control actions for the BEE Email Template Editor:
|Document Role||Edit Document||Ability to edit a document.|
|Document Role||Version||Ability to save changes and load new versions of a document; note that without this permission, you can open the document in BEE editor, but won’t be able to save changes.|