When you enable Engage Integration, Vault will automatically create most of the configuration elements that you need to use the feature. This article explains the additional steps you’ll need to complete and provides information on some of the configurations that are automatically provided.
To use Engage Integration, an Admin (with a security profile that grants the right access) must complete these configurations:
- Create object data records: Create data records for the Product, Key Message, and Website objects. These records correspond to entities in CRM, so you must verify that the object fields used to match records between Vault and CRM are correct.
- Set up manual send actions: Vault automatically sends documents to Engage when they meet the necessary criteria. You may need to configure additional user actions that allow users to manually push a document if the automatic send fails. The default CRM Content Lifecycle already includes user actions for some states.
- Set up lifecycle state send actions: Configure lifecycle state entry actions that send a document to Engage. Vault automatically sends Multichannel Slide documents when the distribution package or certain metadata change, but does not automatically send when the document changes states. To ensure that approved content is sent to the production environment, we recommend that you set up this entry action on the Steady state.
- Set up withdraw actions: Configure lifecycle state entry actions that automatically withdraw documents from Engage. By default, the CRM Content Lifecycle withdraws documents as an entry action for the Expired state, but this is important if you use a custom lifecycle or custom states. For withdrawal, you must specify the environment. Vault automatically makes Withdraw from Stage Engage and Withdraw from Production Engage user actions available once a document version is published, so you do not need to configure those actions. Entry actions ensure that old versions are removed, even if users forget to do so manually.
Associated Configuration Options
When Engage Integration is enabled, the following become available in your Vault:
- Document Types: Users can apply the Multichannel Slide and Multichannel Presentation document types to content that will be sent to CLM.
- Document Fields: Engage Integration includes a robust set of document fields that control the options on a document once it’s published through Engage.
- Vault Objects: The Website and Key Message objects hold metadata that corresponds to records in Engage. The Distribution object tracks send to Engage actions for documents. Vault automatically creates Distribution object records and uses them to store details like where and when a particular document was sent, as well as error messages when auto-sending fails.
- Rendition Types: To successfully publish presentations and slides, a document must have a distribution package in a format appropriate to Engage. For this, users have various distribution package rendition types.
- Distribution to China: If your organization distributes content to Chinese customers, you can enable the shared document field Use China CDN which can be used to indicate that Vault should replicate the content to the China-hosted CDN.
- Lifecycle: Vault automatically creates the CRM Content Lifecycle. You can choose to use this lifecycle or another for Multichannel Slide documents.
- User Actions for Sending: Vault automatically adds the Send to Engage user actions to CRM Content Lifecycle states, but you can also configure this action for other lifecycles. Because the feature automatically sends content, manual user actions serve to allow re-sending in case of errors during the automatic send.
- User Actions for Creating Presentations: Add the Create Presentation user action to any lifecycle states from which users should be able to auto-generate a presentation.
- User Actions for Obsolete State Types: Initiate the Obsolete related presentation and slides user action to automatically move Multichannel Slides and Multichannel Presentations to their lifecycle’s obsolete state when the document they were generated from moves to an obsolete state. The Obsolete dropped slides user action moves Multichannel Slides removed from a Multichannel presentation to their lifecycle’s obsolete state.
The Website object allows users to specify a site where Vault should publish the Engage content.
When using Engage Integration, it’s important that products are set up properly in both Vault and CRM.